Pina Colada Cheesecake
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 2/3cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 32ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4cup sugar
- 4-- eggs
- 1cup sour cream
- 1-- (15-ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1-- (15-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2cup flaked coconut
- 1/2cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4cup sugar
- For the crust. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup butter in a bowl and mix well. Press over the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool.
- For the filling. Beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add 3/4 cup sugar and beat well. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the sour cream, cream of coconut, pineapple, cornstarch, vanilla, rum flavoring and lemon juice. Spoon into the cooled crust. Bake at 350F for 1 hour and 20 minutes; turn off the oven.
- For the topping. Combine 1/4 cup butter, coconut, almonds and 1/4 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove the cheesecake from the oven. Sprinkle the topping over the top of the cheesecake. Return to the oven and close the oven door. Let stand for 1 hour. Remove the cheesecake from the oven. Chill, covered, until ready to serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Gwinnett and North Fulton Counties’ At Your Service (the Junior League of Gwinnett and North Fulton Counties, Inc., Duluth, Georgia, 2001).