- Yield: 100 pieces
- 1 (15-oz) box white cake mix
- 1/2cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (3-oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2cup pine nuts, divided
- 2 to 3tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray the bottom and sides of a 13x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, place cake mix, butter, cream cheese, egg and almond extract. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 2 to 3 minutes, stopping once to scrape down the bowl. Divide dough in half. Wrap one half in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Press remaining dough into the bottom of the prepared pan, leaving a 1-inch gap around the edges. Sprinkle with half the pine nuts, gently pressing into dough.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown at edges and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 30 minutes on a rack, then remove from pan. Repeat with remaining dough and pine nuts. Once cool, cut into strips and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 34
- Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 35mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 0g