Pico de Gallo
- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 0 mins
With restaurants in New York City, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Ga.; Palm Beach and Miami, Fla.; Hackensack, N.J.; and National Harbor, Md., Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cuisine in an accessible, stylish and festive atmosphere. Try this recipe for a Cinco de Mayo celebration of your own. Make pico ahead to give the flavors adequate time to meld.
- 2medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1/4cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/4cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño or serrano chile
- 1teaspoon salt
- -- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- Toss tomato, onion, cilantro and chile in a mixing bowl. Add salt, lime juice and oil, and stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rosa Mexicano restaurants (rosamexicano.com).