Pickled Grapes with Cheese
- Yield 6 servings
These easy pickles are amazing matched with slices of Manchego. They’ll keep up to two weeks in the fridge.
- 1 pound green, red or black seedless California grapes, stemmed and rinsed
- 1 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- large pinch red pepper flakes
- -- Wedge of Manchego or sharp cheddar
- -- Multigrain crackers or toasted baguette slices
- With a sharp paring knife, cut an X in the stem end of each grape. Divide between 3 pint size canning jars. Combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, peppercorns, cloves and pepper flakes in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir just until the sugar has dissolved and pour over the grapes. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with the cheese and crackers or bread.