Chicken Enchiladas Picadillo
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2tablespoons oil from jar of sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 3/4cup chopped onion
- 1cup diced green bell pepper, divided
- 4teaspoons minced garlic
- 2cups shredded rotisserie cooked chicken
- 1cup canned corn, drained
- 1-- (14.5 oz.) can no salt diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1-- (15.5 oz.) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2cup raisins
- 1/4cup chopped pimiento stuffed olives
- 3tablespoons sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, diced
- 2 1/3cups mild taco sauce, divided
- 1-- canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, diced, seeded
- 2teaspoons brown sugar
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 2cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 12-- (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/3cup diced and seeded fresh tomato
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
In large skillet, place oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, 2/3 cup diced green bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Stir in chicken,
corn, canned tomatoes, black beans, raisins, green olives with pimiento, sun-dried tomatoes, 1/3 cup taco sauce, chipotle pepper, brown sugar, cinnamon, cumin and ancho chili powder; heat through, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup cheese.
Spray a 13x9x2-inch pan with cooking spray.
Fill each tortilla with about 1/2 cup chicken mixture; roll up and place seam-side down in prepared pan.
Spoon remaining taco sauce on top of enchiladas. Cover with foil tightly and bake in preheated 350-degree F. oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
Sprinkle with remaining diced green bell peppers and tomato.
Makes 6 servings.