Chicken and Broccoli in Phyllo
- Yield: servings
- 1/2cup melted butter
- 12sheets phyllo
- 3cups diced cooked chicken
- 1-- head of broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 1/2pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2cups feta cheese
- 6-- eggs
- 1cup whipping cream
- 1/2cup milk
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Brush sides and bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish with some of the melted butter. Place one sheet of phyllo in bottom of pan and brush with butter, repeat with five more sheets. Keep remaining phyllo sheets covered with lightly dampish towel to avoil drying out.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, bacon, broccoli and feta cheese, and spread evenly over phyllo in baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk and salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture. Cover filling with one sheet of phyllo and brush with butter, repeat with remaiing phyllo sheets. Brush top with remaining butter. Bake uncovered at 375 for about 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- To serve, let set for about 5 minutes, using a sharp knife cut into serving pieces. Garnish with parsley.