Phyllo Cheese Bites
- Yield: 56 pieces
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6ounces feta cheese, crubled
- 1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1-- egg
- 1pound frozen phyllo sheets, thawed
- 3/4cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, dill and egg. Mix until well combined.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on the work surface with the long side facing you. Brush with butter. Cover with another phyllo sheet. Brush with butter. Cover with a third phyllo sheet and brush with butter. Cover the remaining phyllo sheets with a damp towel to prevent thrm from drying out. Cut the buttered phyllo sheets into 4 strips, starting from the long side.
- Sppon about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cheese mixture about 1 inch in from the short end of each of the 4 phyllo strips, leaving about 1/2 inch on each side. Start to roll in a cigar shape. After about 1 1/2 turns, fold in the sides and keep rolling, making an enclosed package. Place the phyllo rolls seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with melted butter. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining phyllo sheets.
- Bake until the phyllo bites are golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Linda Mutschler’s Fast Track to Fine Dining (Favorite Recipes Press, 2009).