- Yield 4 servings
"This is one of my favorite ways to prepare chicken, and it makes a real surprise. Don't tell your friends it isn't fish. (Note that you must prepare it well in advance.)"
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 clove fresh garlic (or more, if you love garlic)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- Slice chicken into steaks, place beneath wax paper and pound thin. Combine chicken and clam juice, add fresh garlic to taste, cover, and refrigetrate for 36 hours.
- Drain chicken, dip in flour/bread crumb mixture, and fry quickly. Serve with lemon wedges, a sprig of parsley, and tartar sauce, if desired. Save the clam juice for homemade clam chowder using diced potatoes, celery, salt and pepper, and a can of baby clams. Add milk or fresh tomatoes and water.
Waunieta H. Duffy, Cameron Park, Calif.