- Yield 6 servings
Green chiles and red and yellow bell pepper star in this creamy quiche.
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 -- (9-inch) pie crust (purchased or homemade), unbaked
- 1 -- (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, roasted
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped finely
- 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup (8 ounces) nonfat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sprinkle ¾ cup of Monterey Jack cheese and all of cheddar cheese evenly in the pie shell. Top with chilies and peppers.
- Combine egg substitute, milk, and cumin in small bowl. Pour over peppers and cheese. Top evenly with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 50 minutes–or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
Recipe by Barbara Pyper. Reprinted with permission from John Wiley & Sons, Inc. The American Dietetic Association's Cooking Healthy Across America (Wiley, 2004).