Philly Soft Pretzel Bread Pudding with Chocolate
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 60 mins
A new spin on bread pudding that uses soft pretzels.
- -- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 -- Philadelphia-style soft pretzeds (frozen okay; thaw first)
- 1 1/2 cups liquid egg substitute
- 2 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.Poke holes in soft pretzels with a fork. Cut or break soft pretzels into 1-inch pieces and place in baking dish. Whisk together egg substitute, nonfat milk, chocolate syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon; mix well. Pour over pretzels, stir to coat. Let stand for 1 hour to allow the pretzels to absorb some of the liquid mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until browned and puffed and knife comes out clean.