- Yield: 20 fruit slices servings
- 1cup Boiling Water
- 1packet Strawberry Flavored Gelatin
- 1cup Chopped fresh or frozen and thawed strawberries
- 1/2cup Cold Water or Vodka
- 5whole Limes, halved, with pulp scooped out and discarded.
- 1teaspoon black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or basil seeds
- In a bowl, add the boiling water to the gelatin and stir until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Transfer the gelatin to the blender. Add the strawberries and the cold water and blend until liquified. Refrigerate until thickened. Skim off any foam that has risen to the top of the gelatin mixture and stir to evenly distribute strawberry puree. Spoon into the lime rind halves. Refrigerate until firm.
- Carefully halve the gelatin-filled lime rinds again. Sprinkle with seeds and serve.
Reprinted from “Hello, Jell-O!” by Victoria Belanger. Copyright (c) 2012 by Victoria Belanger. By permission of Ten Speed Press, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group of Random House, Inc.