Walnut-Coated Lamb Chops
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 30 mins
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 -- rack of lamb (8 chops) “French trimmed” of all excess fat
- -- non-stick cooking spray
- Honey Walnut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped California walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a food processor or blender, add bread crumbs, walnuts, thyme, parsley, orange zest and salt and process to a coarse texture.
- Brush lamb with mustard. Press on the crumb coating.
- Place lamb in a shallow roasting pan that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes for medium rare, or until desired doneness.
Honey Walnut Sauce: (Makes about 1 cup). In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine honey, orange juice, olive oil and orange zest. Heat until simmering. Remove from heat and stir in walnuts. Serve.