Pesto Shrimp with Couscous
- Yield 2 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 15 mins
A heart-shaped parchment packet holds a healthy meal shrimp and couscous.
We liked the sun-dried tomato pesto here, but traditional basil pesto also works well.
- 1/3 cup hot reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup slivered onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Pour broth over couscous; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine couscous, bell peppers, onion, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; mix well. Fold two 15-inch square pieces of parchment paper in half; cut into heart shapes. Unfold and place couscous mixture on one side of each sheet next to the fold. Arrange shrimp in a single layer over couscous mixture; top with pesto. Fold and tightly seal the edges with narrow folds. Place packets on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Remove packets from oven and transfer to individual serving plates. Cut open packets and serve.
Recipe by Dave DiResta and Joanne Foran.