- Yield 4 servings
This is a quick-and-easy recipe for a great tasting risotto.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- -- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring the chicken broth to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute the onion in the olive oil in a heavy 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until tender. Add the rice to the onion and cook for 3 minutes longer, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup of the warm chicken broth to the rice and cook until the broth is mostly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add another 1/2 cup of the broth and cook until it is almost absorbed. Repeat until almost all of the broth has been added.
- Stir in the pesto. Add the remaining broth in 1/4-cup amounts, cooking until the rice is al dente and the mixture is creamy. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Forward Arts Foundation’s The Swan’s Palette(Atlanta, Georgia, 2000).