Chicken and Cantaloupe Pasta Salad
- Yield servings
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- -- Juice of one lime
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 whole grilled chicken
- 1/2 -- cantaloupe, seeded, peeled and cut into bite size cubes
- 8 ounces whole wheat blend rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup pesto from your favorite store
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, without pits
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated parmesan cheese
Place onion slices into shallow dish and mix with lime juice. Let marinate while preparing other ingredients. In a large bowl combine arugula and basil. Remove skin from chicken. Remove chicken from bones; cut meat into bite-size pieces. Add chicken pieces, cantaloupe and pasta to salad greens. Pour over pesto sauce and toss well.
Top with marinated onion rings, olives, hazelnuts and parmesan cheese.