Easy Pesto Chicken Panini
- Yield 2 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
With leftover rotisserie chicken or grilled boneless chicken breasts on hand, these delightful sandwiches come together prestissimo!
- 2 (2- to 3-ounce) crusty French rolls
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons jarred basil pesto
- 2 ounces Gruyère cheese, sliced
- 6 ounces thinly sliced grilled or roasted chicken
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves
- Preheat grill or stovetop griddle pan.
- Slice buns in half. Pick out some of bread from the top and bottom halves to create a slight depression. Brush outsides lightly with oil. Open buns. Spread cut sides with pesto. Top one side with chicken, cheese and arugula. Close buns.
- Place on grill or griddle. Grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cheese starts to melt.
Recipe by Sharon Sanders.