Peruvian Hot Potato Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2pounds Peruvian purple potatoes with peels
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 1small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2small serrano chiles, seeded and minced
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2cup light cream
- 1/2pound queso blanco, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1head leaf lettuce, cleaned well and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1small onion, cut into rings
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook 25 minutes until tender. Drain, cool slightly and cut into 1-inch chunks. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan or skillet over medium heat. Add onions, peppers, serrano chilies, cumin and turmeric. Saute 3 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add sauteed vegetables to potatoes. Add cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well and smash potatoes a little while mixing.
- Arrange greens on a platter or 6 serving plates. Place warm potatoes over greens. Sprinkle with olives and eggs. Garnish with onion.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 463
- Fat 24g
- Cholesterol 146mg
- Sodium 583mg
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Fiber 6g
- Protein 17g