Persimmon Delight Pie
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep: 40 minutes
The annual Persimmon Festival is held in Mitchell, Indiana, where persimmon trees grow wild. Persimmons contain vitamins A, C, B-6, fiber, minerals, and anti-oxidants.
- 1 1/2cups persimmon pulp
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2packages whipped topping, 8 oz.
- 14fluid ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2cups powdered sugar
- 3ounces box of instant white chocolate pudding
- 1package non-cook freezer jam pectin, .64 oz.
- 1 ready-to-serve chocolate pie crust
- 2 to 3tablespoons chocolate crumbles
- 1 to 2tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Drizzle caramel ice cream topping
- In a bowl, mix persimmon pulp, instant pudding mix, and freezer jam pectin with mixer. ( I use the pectin to thicken the consistency of the pulp for this non-cooked pie) Add the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Use hand mixer to mix well on high speed.
- Gradually mix in the powdered sugar. Blend in one (8 ounce) carton of thawed whipped topping. Mix well and pour into pie shell.
- Top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with chocolate crumbles, walnuts to taste. Drizzle a small amount of caramel ice cream topping.
- Place in freezer for approximately 30-40 minutes to allow freezer jam pectin to set. Best if refrigerated for 4-6 hours prior to serving to allow flavors to blend. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.