Perfect Rub for Churrasco
- Yield 1/3 cups
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Flavor is all in the rub, and this version packs a healthy dose of spices without heat.
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika (pimentón)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (preferably Mexican oregano)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; whisk together well and transfer into a clean jar until ready to use. Rub steaks with mixture and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight. Makes about 1/2 cup, enough for 8 thick steaks.
Recipe by Sandra Gutierrez