Peppery Potluck Squares
- Yield: 48 pieces
- 2cups (8-ounces) Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1cup (4-ounces) Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cold Pack Cheese, softened
- 1cup (3-ounces) Wisconsin Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4teaspoon cumin
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (2-ounce) jar pimentos, diced
- 1 (4-ounce) can jalapeno pepper, drained and chopped
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Sprinkle cornmeal in buttered 9-inch square pan, coating pan well.
- Cream Wisconsin cheeses until well blended; add garlic powder, oregano and cumin. Beat in eggs. Stir in pimentos and jalapeños. Add cayenne pepper; mix ingredients well. Spread mixture in pan, smoothing top. Bake 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into bite-size cubes. Serve warm or at room temperature.