Chicken Basil Cream Stuffed with Pepperoni
- Yield: servings
- 8-- thin sliced chicken cutlets
- 10slices Hormel Peperoni
- 10slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1teaspoon dry basil
- bunch fresh basil
- 3/4stick butter
- -- qt heavy cream
- 1cup grated romano cheese
- -- salt
- -- pepper
- 1cup flour
- 1tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1tablespoon parsley flakes
- -- Olive oil to fry
1. Lay a slice of pepperoni and mozzarella on each chicken cutlet and roll up. If need be close with toothpick.
2.Heat olive oil in frying pan. while oil is heating – make flour mixture with salt and pepper to taste, granulated garlic, a handful of grated cheese and parsley flakes. Dredge each roll of chicken in flour and fry in oil. Fry 3-4 minutes on each side to make sure it is done all the way through.
3. Make basil cream sauce. In sauce pan melt butter and add heavy cream. season with salt, pepper, dry basil and the remaining grated cheese. whisk on med/high flame until it thickens – take off heat. Add a little of the fresh chopped basil and stir. Plate chicken in serving dish and spoon cream sauce over it and garnish with more of the fresh basil.