Chicken and Pepperoni Pizza
- Yield 4 servings
Creamy purchased Alfredo sauce covers a thin ready-made pizza crust that's then topped with chicken, pepperoni and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1 ready made thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons pressed garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 1/4 cups jarred Alfredo sauce
- 30 pepperoni, quartered
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 10 to 15 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place pizza crust on round pizza stone. Spared 1 teaspoon olive oil on crust sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Flatten chicken breast by placing between 2 pieces of wax paper. Working from center, gently pound chicken with rolling pin (mallet) until about 1/4 inch thick. Remove wrap and season both breast with 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and salt/pepper to taste (on both sides).
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side until juices run clear. Set aside to cool. Once cool, cut chicken into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- In the same pan used to cook chicken, add 1 tablespoon butter; melt over medium-high heat. Add 3/4 cup onion and saute until soft 4 to 6 minutes then add 2 teaspoons garlic and 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes continue to saute for a minute. Add 1 1/4 cups Alfredo sauce and half the quartered pepperoni; bring to a boil (stirring constantly). Remove from heat.
- Top crust with sauce, spreading evenly. Then top with chicken and remaining pepperoni. Top with 1 1/4 cups mozzarella and 1/4 cup parmesan.
- Bake additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with fresh basil and serve.