Peppermint Crush Cookies
- Yield 2 dozens
What could be more perfect for Santa’s snack than a plate of cookies studded with chocolate and peppermint candies?
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips (mixture of semi-sweet and milk chocolate), plus more for decorating if desired
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes, processed into coarse crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine butter, sugars, eggs, extract and salt and beat until just combined. Add flour in 1 cup increments until well combined. If dough is sticky to the touch, add more flour in 1/4 cup increments until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.