- Yield 9 servings
Taste the chewy goodnes of these brownies topped with two wonderful frostings.
- 2 -- squared unsweeted chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 -- eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Peppermint Frosting:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners's sugar
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- German Chocolate Frosting:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 -- squares German's sweet chocolate
- To prepare the brownies, melt the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat to cool. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until well beaten. Stir in the sugar, flour, salt and peppermint extract. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased 8×8-inch baking pan. Bake at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes or until the brownies pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- To prepare the peppermint frosting, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar and cream in a bowl and mix until smooth. Stir in the peppermint extract. Spread over the cooled brownies.
- To prepare chocolate frosting, melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour over the peppermint frosting, tilting the pan to cover. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Note: You may double the recipe and bake in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Wichita Fall’s Now Serving (the Junior League of Wichita Falls, Tx., 2008).