Peppered Blueberry Salsa
- Yield 5 servings
This lively, nourishing condiment combines canned blueberries and peppers as a great complement with lamb, salmon or served with crisp tortilla or pita chips.
- 1 (14 to 15-ounce) can blueberries in light syrup, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red or yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, parsley or mint, chopped (loosely packed)
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons canned green chili pepper (mild or hot) or 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch salt
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients; blend gently. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to let flavors blend. Serve immediately.