Pepper and Mango Filling for Quesadillas
- Yield 12 servings
A great "hand-to-mouth food," quesadillas are easy to make and perfect for parties.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 ripe but not too soft mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 serrano or jalapeno chili, minced, or some crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Heat oil in large nonreactive skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, onions, chili powder and oregano. Saute 2 minutes until softened. Add mango, cilantro, lime and hot pepper, if using. Stir to combine well; let cool. Makes enough for about 3 (9-inch) quesadillas; each makes 4 appetizer servings.