- Yield 8 servings
Serve hot, warm or at room temperature, as a side or a sauce for pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, slivered
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 to 5 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and cook until soft, but not browned. Add peppers, zucchini, garlic and water. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes, until the mixture is thick and shiny. Serves 8.
Recipe courtesy of Seeds from Italy (growitalian.com).