Penne with Spinach, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 2/3cup boiling water
- 12ounces penne or other tubular pasta
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 6cups stemmed fresh spinach, washed
- 1tablespoon dried basil
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a small bowl, combine sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water and set aside to soften, about 10 minutes. Coarsely chop tomatoes and reserve soaking liquid.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat oil and saute garlic for 30 seconds. Add sun-dried tomatoes with soaking liquid and spinach, basil, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Cook until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in goat cheese and pasta, heating until cheese is melted.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 533
- Fat 17.9g
- Saturated Fat 7.5g
- Cholesterol 24mg
- Sodium 340mg
- Carbohydrate 73.8g
- Protein 20.2g