Penne with Spinach, Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 7 mins
This simple dish incorporates handfuls of fresh spinach, convenient when you have a big bag of greens to use. It can be made with linguine or spaghetti.
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoon pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1pound dried penne pasta
- 12ounces spinach leaves, washed, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1/2cup Kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together garlic, red pepper flakes and olive oil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Add warm pasta and spinach to oil mixture. Toss until spinach wilts slightly
- Add olives and sun-dried tomatoes and salt. Toss well. Top with cheese.
Recipe by Christina Eng.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Glycemic Load 0
- Calories 430
- Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 530mg
- Carbohydrate 64g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 13g