Penne with Spinach, Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 7 mins
Penne gets a veggie-ful Mediterranean treatment with a spicy red pepper kick in our quick and easy pasta toss.
This simple dish incorporates handfuls of fresh spinach, convenient when you have a big bag of greens to use. It can be made with linguine or spaghetti.
- 1 -- garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound dried penne pasta
- 12 ounces spinach leaves, washed, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together garlic, red pepper flakes and olive oil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Add warm pasta and spinach to oil mixture. Toss until spinach wilts slightly
- Add olives and sun-dried tomatoes and salt. Toss well. Top with cheese.
Recipe by Christina Eng.