Penne with Eggplant, Thyme and Goat Cheese
- Yield 4 servings
When summer eggplant is in season, try this yummy pasta dish that features tomatoes and goat cheese.
- 6 ounces dried penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound white eggplants (about 6), trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add eggplant, tomatoes and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, until eggplant is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and salt; cook, stirring, until eggplant is almost cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and thyme; reduce heat and simmer until only a few tablespoons liquid remain, about 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to skillet with eggplant mixture; cook 2 minutes. Spoon into pasta bowls, top with goat cheese. Serves 4.
Recipe by David Feder