Penne with Eggplant, Thyme and Goat Cheese
- Yield: 4 servings
- 6ounces dried penne pasta
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1pound white eggplants (about 6), trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3cup dry white wine
- 1teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add eggplant, tomatoes and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, until eggplant is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and salt; cook, stirring, until eggplant is almost cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and thyme; reduce heat and simmer until only a few tablespoons liquid remain, about 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to skillet with eggplant mixture; cook 2 minutes. Spoon into pasta bowls, top with goat cheese. Serves 4.
Recipe by David Feder