Penne with Caramelized Onions, Peppers and Feta
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 35 mins
Sweet caramelized onions and red peppers pair with tangy feta cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, slivered
- 2 large red bell peppers, slivered
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 box (16-ounce) box short pasta, (such as penne, rigatoni, bowties)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell peppers, salt and pepper. Sauté 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta according to package directions and drain. Remove 2 cups plain pasta and toss with butter for the kids.
- Place remaining pasta in skillet with pepper mixture.
- Toss well. Scatter with feta cheese, cover and cook over low heat 5 to 10 minutes.
Want more help? Check out this step-by-step video on caramelizing onions.