Penne Tuscana with Spinach
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- 1/2cup Crisco® 100 % Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2teaspoons crushed rosemary
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8ounces penne pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- 3ounces baby spinach, heavy stems removed, (1/2 of 6-ounce bag)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and wedged
- 2tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 3tablespoons butter
- 3tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil, garlic cloves and rosemary in large deep skillet, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until garlic is golden brown on all sides. Remove pan from heat. Discard garlic.
- Cook and stir mushrooms in olive oil until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add pasta and red onion to skillet. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes. Add spinach and parsley. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat. Add butter, pine nuts and cheese. Toss gently to combine. Tranfer to serving platter and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Crisco Cooking Oils.