Penne Pasta with Roast Vegetables and Lemon
- Yield: 4 servings
You can cook the pasta up to three days before assembling this dish. Cook the pasta al dente according to directions, rinse in cold water and store in a large plastic bag after spraying it lightly with olive oil so it doesn't stick together. Use jarred minced garlic if you wish. You can use the tubes of pureed basil if you want to save time.
- 1pound whole wheat penne
- 1medium eggplant, unpeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1medium zucchini sliced into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1medium red onion, diced
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/4cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/2cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cook the penne according to package directions in boiling salted water. Drain it but do not rinse it.
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegetables, olive oil, garlic and Italian herbs. Spread the vegetables out on a baking pan with sides and roast 30 minutes until golden and tender.
- Combine with the warm cooked pasta, feta cheese, basil leaves, lemon juice and mix well.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 586
- Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 3mg
- Sodium 112mg
- Carbohydrate 97g
- Fiber 15g
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 21g