- Yield servings
These bite sized pecan tarts are just enough dessert to leave you satisfied.
"I don't have to fix any desserts at holiday time as long as I have plenty of pecan tarts made. They are so good and my girls look forward to them during the holiday season."
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans
- 1. For the crusts, mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Then roll into 21 balls. Work each ball into a mini-cupcake or mini-tart pan, forming a crust.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- For the filling, mix egg, butter, sugar and vanilla. Fill each crust 1/2 full with filling. Top with chopped pecans. If desired, glaze with an egg wash before baking. Bake 25 minutes. Yield: 21 tarts.
—Nancy Crew, Napoleon, OH