Pecan Praline Cookies
- Yield: servings
- 1cup Real California butter, softened
- 2 1/2cups packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1large egg
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1cup whipping cream
- 1cup powdered sugar
- 1cup whole pecans
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In large mixer bowl, beat Real California butter and 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; mix into butter mixture to blend thoroughly.
- Form tablespoons of dough into balls and place, spaced 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely.
- To make icing: In small saucepan over medium heat, mix remaining 1 cup of brown sugar and cream; bring to boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in powdered sugar; stir until smooth. Dip bottoms of pecans into icing and place two on each cookie; drizzle tops with icing.
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board