Pecan Pie with Honey Crunch Topping
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
For the most incredible pecan pie ever, splurge with the Honey Crunch Topping.
For a chocolate variation, add 1/2 to 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips to the pie filling before baking.
- Honey Crunch Topping:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- To prepare the topping: In medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and honey.
- Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.Add pecans; stir until well coated.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare pie: In mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and brown sugar until creamy.Add corn syrup, vanilla and butter, mixing well. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pie shell, bake 40 to 50 minutes or until pie is set. During last 5 minutes of baking, remove pie from oven; spread crunch topping evenly over top.Return to oven; broil until topping is bubbly and golden brown, watching carefully.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.