Pecan Pie with Honey Crunch Topping
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
For the most incredible pecan pie ever, splurge with the Honey Crunch Topping.
For a chocolate variation, add 1/2 to 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips to the pie filling before baking.
- Honey Crunch Topping:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine brown sugar, butter and honey in a saucepan and cook over low heat, making sure to stir constantly until sugar dissolves. Add pecans and remove from heat.
- Beat together eggs, sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Then add corn syrup, vanilla and butter. Stir in pecans.
- Spoon mixture into pie shell and bake 40-50 minutes, or at least until pie is set.
- During last 5 minutes of baking, remove pie and spread crunchy topping over the top.
- Broil pie until topping is crunchy an brown, but do not allow to overcook.