Pecan Pie Magic Cake
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 20 min
- Cook 50 min
Pecan Pie meets moist cake in this fantastic fused dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- Grease an 8 x 8 pan with butter and sprinkle bottom of pan with 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine milk and corn syrup in bowl. Heat in microwave or on stove until lukewarm. Stir to dissolve corn syrup. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, add egg yolks to brown sugar and whisk until light in color, about two minutes. Add water and melted butter to brown sugar mixture and whisk again. Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Whisk milk and vanilla extract mixture into batter, mixing until smooth. Add egg whites gradually, slowly using your whisk to combine them into batter.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle the rest of the pecans over surface of cake. Place in oven for about 50 minutes. Let cool before cutting into squares and drizzling with caramel sauce (optional)
This recipe originally appeared as Pecan Pie Magic Cake Bars on foodnessgracious.com.