Pecan Gooey Cake Pies
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1 1/4cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 1/2cups sugar
- 4-- eggs
- 2tablespoons water
- 1/4teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5tablespoons corn syrup
- 2cups cake flour
- 2 1/2tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2-- unbaked (9-inch) pie shells
- 1/2cup (or more) pecan halves or chopped pecan
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the water, vanilla and corn syrup in a small bowl and mix well. Add to the creamed mixture gradually, beating constantly. Combine the flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Add to the creamed mixture gradually, beating constantly at low speed. Pour the batter evenly into the pie shells. Sprinkle evenly with the pecans. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until dark golden brown. The pies will be soft in the center.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tyler Texas, Inc. Ring Around the Rosie, A Collection of Children’s Recipes (Tyler, Tx., 2007).