Pecan Fudge Pie
- Yield 8 servings
Here's a simple recipe for an impressive fudge pie.
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pie shell
- Beat the corn syrup, sugar, cocoa, flour, salt, eggs and butter in a mixer bowl until smooth. Stir in the pecans. Pour into the pie shell. Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Louisiana Farm Bureau Women’s Louisiana Temptations (the Louisiana Farm Bureau Federation, Inc., Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1996)