- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 18 minutes
- Cook 10 minutes
Use fresh farm-raised rainbow trout from the United States for this pecan-crusted fish dinner.
- 2 ounces finely chopped pecans
- 1 ounce panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 -- (4- to 6-ounce) U.S. farmed rainbow trout ﬁllets, boneless, skin-on
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place pecans, panko, parsley, dill, salt and pepper into a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Mix butter into pecan mixture, using your ﬁngers or the tines of a fork, until well incorporated.
- Place the ﬁllets on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle pecan mixture evenly onto the ﬁllets, and press down to cover.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until ﬁsh is opaque, ﬁrm and ﬂaky. The pecan crust should be lightly browned.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown.