Pecan-Crusted Grouper with Frangelico Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/4cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 4-- (5-ounce) grouper fillets
- -- All-purpose flour
- 1cup milk
- -- Vegetable oil
- 3/4cup heavy cream
- 6tablespoons Frangelico liquer
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the pecans and bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Coat the fillets with flour and then the milk. Press both sides of the fillets in the pecan mixture. Heat a skillet over medium gas heat and add a small amount of oil. Add the fillets and cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until the fillets flake easilty and are brown on both sides. Remove to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- For the sauce. Combine the cream, liqueur, salt and pepper in a skillet and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Drizzle the sauce over the fillets on serving plates. Or, drizzle the sauce in the center or each serving plate and top each serving with one of the fillets.
Recipe by Jim O' Brien, The Yacht Restaurant. Recipe reprinted with permission from Energy Services of Pensacola’s Fiesta Seafood Cookbook: A Taste of Pensacola (Energy Services of Pensacola, Florida, 2009).