Pecan Chicken with Honey-Lime Corn Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2-- bacon slices, chopped
- 3cups fresh corn cut from the cob (about 4 large ears)
- 1/3cup flour
- -- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3cup fresh white bread crumbs
- 2tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-- and 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (12 tenders)
- 1/2cup finely chopped red onion
- 1cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- -- juice of two limes
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1-- avocado cut in 8 slices
Cook bacon over medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. Wipe out skillet and return drippings to pan. Add corn and cook over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Transfer to a large bowl to cool, adding bacon to the corn. Wipe out skillet again.
In a shallow bowl or plate, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Place eggs in a second shallow dish. In a third, combine pecans, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Working with half of the chicken, dip each tender in flour, egg, and then pecan mixture. Saute about 3 minutes per side or until cooked throughout and golden brown. Repeat with the second batch. Cool to room temperature.
To the corn and bacon, add the red onion, cucumber, red bell pepper, mint, and basil, tossing to combine. In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper together. Whisk in olive oil until emulsified and pour over corn mixture.
To serve, divide corn mixture among four dinner plates. Top each with three chicken tenders. Garnish each plate with two avocado slices. Serve immediately.
Note: This can be served at room temperature or refrigerated and served cold. Makes 4 servings.