Pecan Crusted Chicken
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces of chicken tenders
- 2 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 cups 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans / walnuts or almonds may be substituted
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Combine parsley, salt, onion powder, and black pepper in a shallow bowl; mix well. Add chicken pieces turn to coat well.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl with a fork. Beat in mustard until well combined.
- Place pecans in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then coat in pecans.
- Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
Side Dish — Boiled 6 -8 red potatoes, with or without skins. Fork tender. With your favorite kitchen aid appliance, mix or mash potatoes to your taste. seasoning of your choice. Ijust use, dash of salt & pepper.