- Yield: servings
- 1cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 5 heaping tablespoons sugar
- 2cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 2cups pecans, very finely chopped
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla, beating well with a mixer. Add flour and salt and blend well. Fold in nuts. (Dough will be stiff.) Roll a rounded teaspoon of dough into a ball between your palms. Roll into a log shape. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and curve each log into a crescent shape.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until a light colored brown. When cool, dust with powder sugar.
—Recipe by Cara Schuster