- Yield: 1 servings
- 1/2pound butter, softened, plus 1 tablespoon for greasing baking sheet
- 1cup sifted powdered sugar, plus additional for coating cookies
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2pound pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Invert a large rimmed baking sheet, grease with the 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- Cream the 1/2 pound butter in a large bowl; add in the 1 cup powdered sugar, a little at a time, mixing until combined. Stir in the vanilla. Alternately, add in the flour and pecans, mixing well after each addition.
- Immediately mold in crescent shapes – using approximately 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie. Place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes, depending on size of cookie, until golden brown. Cool completely.
- When cookies have completely cooled, roll in powdered sugar, coating completely.