- Yield 12 to 16 servings
A sweet and delicious way to end any meal.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 7 -- eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, or 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- For the Crust: Combine the sugar, flour, milk and butter in a bowl and mix well. Pour into a 9×13-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- For the Filling: Combine the corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla and pecans in a bowl and mix well. Spoon over the crust batter. Bake at 350F for 35 to 45 minutes or until the crust is brown and the filling is very softly set. Serve warm.
Note: this dessert is very versatile. You can substitue a can of cherry, blueberry, or blackberry pie filling for the pecan filling. Or you can use the pecan filling in a prepared 9-inch deep-dish pie shell and bake as directed.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Ducks Unlimited’s The Hunter’s Table; Wild Flavors From Duck Country (Ducks Unlimited, Inc. 2010).