Peas with Pancetta
- Yield 12 servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped onions
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pancetta or bacon (about 3 ounces)
- 4 packages (10 ounce) frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and pancetta and saute for 8 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Add the peas, parsley and chicken broth and cook for 5 minutes or until the peas are heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Saturday Club, Main Line Entertains (The Saturday Club, 2005)