- Yield 4 servings
Loaded with fiber, vitamin C and potassium, pears are fall’s perfect fruit.
Serve over ice cream.
- 2 teaspoons butter substitute or butter
- 3 pears (Anjou or Bartlett recommended), peeled, halved, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free caramel sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup rum or Grand Marnier
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat butter substitute in a nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add pears, sugar, caramel sauce, cinnamon, lemon juice, vanilla and rum or liqueur. Bring to a simmer and cook 4 minutes until sauce melts and pears soften and combine with sauce. If using walnuts, add to the sauce now.