Pear Salad with Cranberries and Pecans
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Make this fragrant salad in early fall when pears are at their best.
Sweet and juicy Bartlett pears are perfect for this salad. Ripen them on the counter until they have a delicious “pear” aroma, and then refrigerate until it’s time to make the salad.
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 firm-ripe pears, such as Bartlett, cored and cut in bite-size chunks
- 2 cups shredded or thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Whisk oil and 3 tablespoons lemon juice together in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Combine pears and remaining lemon juice in a large bowl. Add cabbage, celery, pecans, cranberries and oil mixture and mix gently. Place salad greens on individual plates. Spoon pear mixture on top.
Recipe by Jean Kressy