Pear Romaine Salad
- Yield 2 servings
Pecans and pears top this healthy fall salad.
"This is a wonderful salad that pleases the palate. It's also quick and easy to prepare."
- 2 1/2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 firm pear
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 to 10 pecan halves
- Wash, dry, and slice romaine lettuce into long, thin strips.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil and pour on lettuce. Toss well. Put on salad plates.
- Cut pear into cubes or slices and saute in butter until brown. Put on top of lettuce. Top with pecan halves.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This salad also is delicious with blue cheese or Gorgonzola crumbles.
– Glenna Hoff, Prescott, Ariz.